Michael Tan was born in Sabah, Malaysia and grew up in London and Sydney. He fell in love with all sports from an early age and has continued this into his adult life. His passion for sports, fitness and health has encouraged him to help other people in life pursue an active lifestyle.
He is an experienced tennis coach and fitness instructor with over fifteen years experience. He has established himself as a well respected tennis coach in Sydney, teaching at some of the most prestigious schools. His focus was always to ensure that the students felt comfortable on the court and that they got the most .
His passion for fitness also allowed him to pursue a career as a personal trainer. He encouraged his clients to stay fit and healthy providing them with a well rounded experience including advice on nutrition. Sessions were kept enjoyable by holding them in various locations such as local parks and beaches.
Whether it is a tennis lesson or fitness session you are after, Michael will help you feel comfortable and deliver an enjoyable experience. He will tailor make a plan to suit you to ensure that your goals are met.
- Certified First Aid Trainer (CPR, First Aid and Emergency Life Support)
- Certified TRX FORCE (Level 2) Instructor
- Certified TRX RIP Instructor
- Certified AIK (Australian Institute of Kettlebells) Level 2 Kettlebell Instructor
- Certified TriggerPoint Therapy (Level 2) Instructor
- Certified TRX Sports Medicine Suspension (Level 2) Instructor
- Certified TRX Suspension Instructor
- Certified ATPCA (Australian Tennis Professional Coaches Association) Level 2 Advanced Tennis Coach
- Certified ATPCA (Australian Tennis Professional Coaches Association) Level 2 Strength & Conditioning Trainer
- Certified TA (Tennis Australia) Level 1 Junior Development Tennis Coach
- Certified AIF (Australian Institute of Fitness) Level 3 Fitness Instructor
- March 2003 - February 2008: Professional Tennis Coach at Pennant Hills Tennis Club, Pennant Hills, Sydney, Australia
- January 2006 - December 2006: Professional Tennis Coach at The Kings College, Parramatta, Sydney, Australia
- January 2007 - December 2007: Professional Tennis Coach at William Clarke College, Kellyville, Sydney, Australia
- March 2008 - December 2012: Professional Tennis Coach at SC Coaching, Lane Cove, Sydney Australia
- April 2008 - December 2012: Professional Tennis Coach at Saint Ignatius College, Lane Cove, Sydney Australia
- February 2009 - December 2012: Professional Tennis Coach at Longueville Tennis Club, Longueville, Sydney Australia
- January 2005 - December 2012: Self-Employed of Elite Performance, Professional Tennis Coach in Sydney, Australia
- January 2008 - November 2013: Self-Employed of Elite Performance, Fitness Instructor in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia
- January 2014 - current: Self-Employed of Elite Performance, Professional Tennis Coach in Doha, Qatar