Michael Tan is originally from Sabah, Malaysia and had lived in London, England, and Sydney and Melbourne, Australia. He fell in love with playing sports at the age of five and never looked back since then. He is very passionate about sports, fitness and health and want to help people get active and have a healthy lifestyle. He also want to help people enjoy playing tennis as well as being active. Exercise and health are important part of his life.
He is an experienced tennis coach and fitness instructor and has fourteen years experience under his belt. He had established himself as a well-respected tennis coach in Sydney and taught at some of Sydney’s most prestigious schools. He ensured that his tennis students have an amazing lesson experience and felt comfortable on the tennis court.
He also had established himself as a fitness instructor in both Sydney and Melbourne and was a self-employed fitness instructor in local parks as well as the beaches. He encouraged his clients to stay fit and active and provided one on one training as well as group exercise sessions in the local parks and at the beaches and advice to help them do so.
Whether it is a tennis lesson or fitness session, Michael will help you feel comfortable and deliver an amazing lesson experience you are after. He is patient and will move at his pace to guarantee you get the most out of your lesson / session.
- Certified First Aid Trainer (CPR, First Aid and Emergency Life Support)
- Certified TRX FORCE (Level 2) Instructor
- Certified TRX RIP Instructor
- Certified AIK (Australian Institute of Kettlebells) Level 2 Kettlebell Instructor
- Certified TriggerPoint Therapy (Level 2) Instructor
- Certified TRX Sports Medicine Suspension (Level 2) Instructor
- Certified TRX Suspension Instructor
- Certified ATPCA Level 2 Advanced Tennis Coach
- Certified ATPCA Level 2 Strength & Conditioning Trainer
- Certified ATPCA Level 1 Graduate Tennis Coach
- Certified ATPCA Level 1 Strength & Conditioning Trainer
- Certified TA (Tennis Australia) Level 1 Junior Development Tennis Coach
- Certified AIF (Australian Institute of Fitness) Level 3 Fitness Instructor
- March 2003 - February 2008: Professional Tennis Coach at Pennant Hills Tennis Club, Pennant Hills, Sydney, Australia
- 2006: Professional Tennis Coach at The Kings College, Parramatta, Sydney, Australia
- 2007: Professional Tennis Coach at William Clarke College, Kellyville, Sydney, Australia
- March 2008 - December 2012: Professional Tennis Coach at SC Coaching, Lane Cove, Sydney Australia
- April 2008 - December 2012: Professional Tennis Coach at Saint Ignatius College, Lane Cove, Sydney Australia
- February 2009 - November 2012: Professional Tennis Coach at Longueville Tennis Club, Longueville, Sydney Australia
- 2005 - 2012: Self-Employed of Elite Performance, Professional Tennis Coach in Sydney, Australia
- 2008 - 2013: Self-Employed of Elite Performance, Fitness Instructor in Sydney and Melbourne, Australia
- 2014 - current: Self-Employed of Elite Performance, Professional Tennis Coach in Doha, Qatar